Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Flying Biscuit

The Flying Biscuit is situated right beside the Cameron Grill in Cameron Village. I heard great things from coworkers, but never made it over that way to give it a whirl. Living Social had a special a month or so ago, so I figured "What the hell!?" I purchased three $20 gift certificates for $25. This gave Daryl and I the opportunity to sample the grub on three separate occasions. I then realized that we also had four BOGO coupons in the CitiPass coupon book. I guess I should have looked there first. D'oh!

On our first visit, Daryl and I tried The Flying Biscuit right after work one evening. This was definitely a great choice! Breakfast is served all of the time in addition to their burgers, sandwiches, and entrees. Daryl had pancakes, a side of grits, and bacon. He gobbled it all down and even had room for a second serving of their delicious biscuits! I had an omelet with goat cheese and spinach. It was delicious! I tried their infamous potatoes as well. Great flavor! I'm also a big fan of their apple cinnamon butter for the biscuits. Service was great and the food came quickly!

On our second visit, Daryl and I had a late lunch/early dinner. Daryl had the shrimp and grits (really?) with a side of pancakes. He licked both plates clean! I had the 3B Chicken Sandwich (bleu cheese, bacon, and basil on a grilled chicken breast with tamari aioli) along with a "side of love." The side of love is a black bean cake smothered in tomatillo sauce, feta cheese, red onion, and sour cream. It's gross looking when it's brought out to you on a plate, but when it hits your tongue, your mouth, esophagus, and stomach dance with pleasure! It's a great combination of flavors! Once again, the service was great and the food came quickly!

Daryl's review "Oh, I loved it!"

After perusing the menu, I can see why this place is such a big hit at Cameron Village! There are plenty of vegetarian and carnivore options. We plan to go back many times, even after the coupons run out. http://www.flyingbiscuit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment