Friday, August 5, 2011

Nacho Hippo at Myrtle Beach

Daryl and I were visiting Myrtle Beach back in February and decided to check out Nacho Hippo at the Market Commons in South Myrtle. Wonderful choice! The prices are excellent! We sat at the bar and watched the Carolina Hurricanes game. The food is delicious! I had a Lobster Taco and the Thai One On taco. The Lobster Taco tasted like a Tempura Lobster roll with a sweet cream sauce. It was so good! I told Daryl that we needed to come back and I'd order 5 and put some in my pocket to eat later. :)  Daryl had the Carolina BBQ tacos which had slaw and sauteed plantains. He is a southern boy and had no idea what a plantain was, so he took them off thinking they were yellow peppers. I snagged one and have to say that it's an odd combination, but a good one! We made our tacos a combo meal, so it came with salad and yellow rice. With two dinners and an appetizer, our check was only $26. The service was wonderful and the food came out quickly. I will definitely visit this restaurant again....and again...and again!

The bar was expansive, so would be good for beers afterwork with friends or on the weekends. There are plenty of TVs, so if you are a sports fan, you won't be disappointed. Great location and delicious food!

No comments:

Post a Comment