Thursday, June 11, 2009

Not Food...Gastonia Hotel Review

March 28, 2008

I had to go to the armpit of Charlotte for the TAM Users Group meeting. Ick!

At first look, the Holiday Inn Express looks pretty good with the granite counters and awesome flooring! When I called a month prior to my stay, I asked if it was one of the new Holiday Inn Expresses. The front-desk person told me it was. It wasn't as nice as the others I have been to, but it was a decent price and near where I needed to be for my work meeting the next day. It was not new though. I think it was an older hotel that was remodeled.

I got there around 9 pm and left at 7:45 am the next morning. I got an orange soda out of the machine on the 4th floor. It was warm. Yuck! There were left over hairs (from various parts of the body, ewww) on the bathroom floor still. There was a pink ring around the tub where the tub met the "granite" surround. Obviously, if someone is cleaning regularly and correctly, there would never be time for that pink mildew stuff to grow. The lightswitch in the bathroom was filthy! The continental breakfast in the morning looked day-old and the staff just didn't impress me. The woman who checked me out couldn't even speak clearly. I asked her for a duplicate invoice to take for my expense report for work and she looked at me and said "Whatchu mean?" I then had to explain what duplicate meant to her. I just wasn't impressed with my Gastonia Holiday Inn Express experience. I will stay somewhere else next time. (And I did.)

  • Pros:Price, convenience to my meeting
  • Cons:Dirty, uneducated employees, warm soda

No comments:

Post a Comment