Friday, June 12, 2009

Rue Cler in Durham....I expected more

October 31, 2007

My friends and I do an "ethnic dinner night" once a month and try a different restaurant in the triangle area. One of my friends knew the owner, we had reservations, and we still had to wait 45 minutes to get a table. Blah! It's extremely noisy in there with the super high ceilings, so conversation among 10 people was extremely difficult!

The food was ok. For $25 for a dinner, I guess I just expected more...both in portion (yeh, I know it's French sized portions), and in quality. I just wasn't impressed. I thought more seasoning or sauces would've been used. The food was a little on the bland side.

As far as French food goes, I think Bloomsbury Bistro is better than Rue Cler.

  • Pros: Great interior, flavored sodas, dessert!
  • Cons: price, quality of food, noise level, long wait

No comments:

Post a Comment